Saturday, February 16, 2008

Whats going on...

Its been almost 20 days since my last post. The reason of lack of updates is quite simple - there is nothing to "show". Im currently coding simple framework for 2d games development, and it means that there isnt much to see in screenshots and binaries. But I do can describe it, I didnt so before since there wasnt clear structure of the framework. I am designing the structure and coding at the same time, so it is hard to make "previews", since it changes all the time here and there, some kind of real-time morphing 8)

Certainly, one would ask "Why would you create another game engine?". In fact, I like all this low-level stuff, like playing with Direct3D. Also, I like to do things myself, and by that I mean that while using another game engines I may dislike some aspects and/or design, and it naturally awakes the desire to make something by myself, in my way. The prefect example is Haaf's Game Engine, I actually described some issues with it in my earlier posts. This engine is very good, the best one I used, and it gave me some ideas for my own framework, though I must note that I didnt copy-paste anything at all 8)

I will start porting DaTetris to the new framework as soon as I polish every feature it needs, and simultaneously continue to develop the framework. Expecting to start porting next week or so.

No comments: